The Daily Times ran a very nice piece about our SUPR Teacher program at the Upper Darby School District (UDSD), titled “Support Program Creating Positive Feedback in Upper Darby Schools.”
The piece is based on a progress report that we presented to the board of directors of UDSD on 3/29/16, and it’s clear that the reporter, Kevin Tustin, was paying close attention:
• The program generated positive press for the district, at a state and national level (including this piece, an ASCD Express article co-authored with Chris Pugliese, the UDSD Director of Pupil Services, and an upcoming workshop presentation at the PA Pupil Services Administrators conference).
• 72% of teachers who were coached as part of the SUPR Teacher training said they would recommend it to other teachers.
• Students reported more positive relationships with teachers who were coached than with teachers who were not coached.
• By the end of this semester we will have trained the majority of UDSD middle school teachers, and will start training teachers in the elementary schools.
• Coaching was delivered in real time, using ear pieces or smart watches (based on teacher preference).
• Implementing the program is helping the Upper Darby School District be in compliance with the Every Student Succeeds Act.
We are proud of our collaboration with the Upper Darby School District, and are very pleased to witness the positive results of the program, as well as the positive press it is generating. Many thanks to everyone at the Upper Darby School District, as well as to the Daily Times and Kevin Tustin for such nice coverage.